Transfer Options

Liberal Arts Transfer Options

Associate of Arts (A.A.)
Associate of Science (A.S.)

These degrees are generally considered “transfer level” degrees, which means most students who earn them transfer to a four year college or university and get a bachelor’s degree. Because different colleges have different requirements, you should work with both your transfer institution and a Kirkwood advisor to choose the right classes.

If you plan to continue your education after Kirkwood, you can take the necessary electives and core courses you need through our Liberal Arts program before your transfer.

The following programs of study are Liberal Arts transfer options. Depending upon your transfer institution and your career interest area, you may earn an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree in Liberal Arts, or you may take only the credits you need to transfer.

Attending another college or just picking up a few classes? Explore Liberal Arts.

Liberal Arts -
Associate of Arts (A.A.)

We can help you transfer your A.A. degree and major in many areas including:

Liberal Arts -
Associate of Science (A.S.)

We can help you transfer your A.S. degree and major in many areas including:


Career Programs

Career Programs

Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.)
Students who earn these types of degrees usually go straight into the workforce, however, some Applied Science and Technology programs also have transfer agreements with four-year institutions. It’s best to work with an advisor to determine which degree program best suits your goals.

Get a great start here with certificate, diploma or degree programs designed to provide the training and expertise you need to begin your new career in as little as one year.

Below are applied science career programs. Those noted with an asterisk * have transfer agreements with specific four-year colleges and universities.

Programs with Gainful Employment information have a "GE Info" link beside them.

Advanced Manufacturing & Robotics Technologies*
Advanced Welding Technologies*
Agricultural Geospatial Technology
Agriculture Business
Agriculture Production Management
Apparel Merchandising & Design*
Architectural Technology*
Automation and Instrumentation Technologies
Automotive Collision Repair and Restoration | GE Info
Automotive Technology*
Baking and Pastry Arts | GE Info
Business Administration*
Business Administration: Accounting
Business Administration:
Administrative Management

Business Administration: Financial Services
Business Administration: Management
Business Administration: Marketing Management
CAD/Mechanical Engineering Technology*
Carpentry | GE Info
CNC Machining Technology*
Computer Software Development
Computer Support Specialist
Construction Management*
Criminal Justice*
Culinary Arts
Dental Assisting
Dental Hygiene
Dental Technology
Diagnostic Assistant (Radiologic Technology)
Diesel Ag Technology
Diesel Truck Technology
Early Childhood Education
Electroneurodiagnostic Tech
Electronics Engineering Tech*
Energy Production & Distribution 
Entry-level Firefighter
Exercise Science and Wellness
Golf Course/Athletic Turfgrass Mgmt
Graphic Communication Tech*

Hospitality Management*
Human Services*
Humane Officer Training
HVAC Installer | GE Info
Industrial Maintenance Tech*
Interior Design
Landscape Horticulture Studies
Medical Assisting
Medical Laboratory Technology
Network and System Administration*
Nursing Practical, Associate Degree (RN)
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Paralegal Studies - ONLINE
Parks & Natural Resources
Pet Grooming | GE Info
Pharmacy Technician | GE Info
Physical Therapist Assistant
Plumbing Pre-Apprenticeship | GE Info
Respiratory Therapist*
Skilled Trades
Surgical Technology
Veterinary Assistant | GE Info
Veterinary Technician
Water Environmental Technology* - ONLINE
Web Technologies


Professional Certificates and Diplomas

Professional Certificates & Diplomas


Diploma and certificate programs normally take anywhere from nine months to one year to complete, and will give you the skills to start in an entry-level position in your chosen career. Sometimes, people who already have four-year degrees and are working, come back to Kirkwood and earn certificates to advance their careers. Diploma and certificate programs generally don’t transfer, but it’s best to check with your advisor.

Certificates programs are designed for entry-level employment and may provide specialization in specific areas. Courses are usually taken from diploma and degree programs, and may be completed within 12 to 18 semester hours.


ACE Industry
Animal Control Assistant
Architectural Technology
Behavioral Health Paraprofessional
Clinical Laboratory Assistant
Construction Estimator
Construction Management
Construction Supervision
Database Technologies
Desktop Customer Service
Early Childhood Paraeducator
Electromechanical Technology
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Entry-Level Firefighter
Fire Science
Global Perspective in Business
Healthcare IT Technician
Human Resources
Industrial Robotics
Java Programming
Landscape Design
Landscape Horticultural Studies
Landscape Construction
Mobile App Development
Network and System Administration

Network Security
.NET Programming
Paraeducator Certification**
PC Technician
Project Management
Project Management (Design/Build)
Retail Marketing
Small Scale Food Production
Social Media Marketing
Technical Accounting 
Wastewater Specialist
Water Environmental Technology
Water Treatment Specialist
Web Design
Web Development

**For Paraeducator certification, apply to Liberal Arts - Associate of Arts (A.A.).

Note: Certificate programs do not qualify for financial aid. In order to receive financial aid, you must apply to the corresponding diploma or degree program.

Click here for gainful employment information, including graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other information.

If you can't decide what path is right for you, explore your interests.